The Office of Student Life is responsible for coordinating the orientation of incoming students. Completion of University Orientation is mandatory; students are expected to stay for the entire duration of the in-person orientation program. Once a student has been accepted into Jefferson, the Admissions Office sends notification to our office. Students are sent information regarding their scheduled orientation approximately four to six weeks prior to the program date, or as soon as they are accepted if that date is less than four weeks prior to orientation. The Orientation Packet will be emailed to the Jefferson email and primary alternate email on file with the Admissions Office - if that information is incorrect, please contact our office. Please note that this is a separate information packet from the acceptance packet sent to you from the Office of Admissions. You may also receive a packet from your academic area.
University Orientation is designed specifically for students. We are not able to accommodate parents and guests. Students must submit an online RSVP to the University Orientation program. Please wait to submit your RSVP until you have received your Orientation Packet and reviewed all of the materials within.
welcoming our new students to Jefferson.
Jefferson School of Health Professions
- Department of Bioscience Technologies
- Department of Couple & Family Therapy
- Department of Occupational Therapy
- Department of Physical Therapy
- Department of Physician Assistant Studies
- Department of Professional & Continuing Studies
- Department of Radiologic Sciences
Jefferson School of Nursing
- APW (pre-licensure) Program
- BSN (pre-licensure) Program
- DNP Program
- FACT Program
- MSN Program (including CRNA)
- RN-BSN and RN-MSN Programs
Jefferson School of Pharmacy
Jefferson School of Population Health
Please visit the JSPH Matriculation page for new students.
General information on the scheduled Orientations may also be found below.
Your Orientation program consists of the following elements:
- School/Department Information Session (includes meeting with faculty)
- Welcome from your School Dean
- Jefferson Overview
- University Services Presentation
- Taking picture for Jefferson Photo ID Badge
- Jefferson Policies and the Honor Code Presentation
- Campus Safety and Security Presentation
- Wellness Component
- Overview of Wellness
- Stress Management Session
- Drug and Alcohol Use Presentation
- Getting to Know your Fellow Jefferson Students – Interactive Session
- Purchasing of Uniforms and required supplies (as needed)
- Students will be able to get fitted for and purchase uniforms, purchase supplies, and attend a stethoscope presentation.
- Cash and credit cards will be accepted as payment.
- Registration for classes (as needed)
- Students who have not completed their class registration prior to coming to Orientation will be required to do so that day.
- Resource Room - a “fair” type set up where you can visit individual tables to learn more
- Faculty members will be there to answer your questions.
- Alumni will be present to share their experiences.
- Representatives will be available to answer your questions about the school-sponsored health insurance and dental insurance plans.
- Representatives will be present from various University Offices including: Academic Support Services, Activities Office, Admissions, Bookstore, Career Development Center, Commuter Services, Financial Aid, Housing and Residence Life, Jefferson InterProfessional Education Center, Library Services, Nutrition and Dietetics, Office of Student Life, Student Personal Counseling Center, Tuition Office, University Health Services, and the Wellness Center.