Jefferson Colleges of
Nursing & Pharmacy
These instructions should be followed by all students intending to be enrolled in the TJU Colleges above. However, only currently enrolled and officially accepted students may complete the online Banner Financial Aid application material.
In completing this process, students are reminded of the following:
- The submission of on-line application material certifies that the information is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge. If, after completing a segment of the application process, you find that the information has changed, you will need to submit corrections directly to the University Office of Student Financial Aid (Suite 115, Curtis Building).
- We recommend that you print a copy of the information you submitted for your records.
- Refer to the descriptions (as contextual links) below to ensure that you complete and submit all of the documents required for your 2016-2017 Financial Aid application. To assist you, you can track your progress using this Application Checklist.
Please read these instructions and click "PROCEED" at the end to continue with your financial aid application.
What Documents Must be Completed?
- 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), – www.FAFSA.ed.gov Use FAFSA Code 013549
- To complete the FAFSA on-line go to www.fafsa.ed.gov (FAFSA Code 013549);
- Parent’s financial information must be included on the FAFSA if the student is considered dependent by federal definition.
- If you are required to complete a 2015 IRS Tax return, please do so online at least 14 days prior to completing the FAFSA. Per federal regulations, all students (and parents of dependent students) must participate in the IRS Data Retrieval Transfer (DRT). The DRT process will transfer tax return data directly to the FAFSA. This will eliminate the submittal of tax returns to the Financial Aid Office and greatly simplify the filing of the FAFSA. Those who do not use the DRT process when filing the FAFSA will be selected for the federally mandated Verification Process which will require, but may not be limited to, submitting an IRS Tax Transcript(s) to the Financial Aid Office. Receipt of an IRS tax transcript may take 2 – 4 weeks and thus significantly delay the processing of your application.
- Educational Plan – Highly recommended but not required be completed by all students enrolled in the OTD, MSN, DNP, CRNA and General Studies degree programs or by students who plan to be enrolled part time in any semester.
In addition to the application requirements outlined above, you may need to submit supplemental documents if you are:
- Applying for Federal Work Study, then you must complete the Federal Work Study Application located on Banner Web;
- A First Year Student (2016-2017 will be the first academic year in which you are enrolled in Thomas Jefferson University), then you must complete:
1. A Federal Stafford Master Promissory Note (MPN). Students should access the electronic MPN information page located on the main menu of the Financial Aid Office Web site; More info about the Federal Direct Stafford Loan is at Federal Direct Stafford/Other Loan Process. Please use the generic Thomas Jefferson University as the school code.
2. Entrance Counseling (sometimes referred to as an Entrance Interview). Entrance Counseling is required by federal mandate. Students can complete the online counseling “quiz” at http://studentloans.gov.
**Note: When asked to input your College, you must choose the generic 'Thomas Jefferson University' option. Do NOT choose any College-specific option (like Medical College or College of Health Professions).
Additional information covering federal, private, and institutional loans, federal academic progress standards, credit requirements and financial literacy information is located at the TJU University Entrance Interview Guide.
If you have questions about the application process, please feel free to contact the University Office of Student Financial Aid at (215) 955-2867 or at Financial.Aid@jefferson.edu.