Requirements for Accepted Students - College of Health Professions
Congratulations on your acceptance to Jefferson!
Please review the requirements and information listed below before you start your classes. Failure to complete the prerequisite requirements will result in denied access to Blackboard/Banner on the first day of class. If you have any questions about completing these requirements, please contact the Admissions Office at 215-503-8890.
Please use the following information as a checklist to keep track of your requirements as you complete them. We’ve arranged the following tasks by when they require completion in order to ensure you get everything completed on time.
You need to:
CONFIRM YOUR ENROLLMENT
Due Date: Listed on acceptance letter
To confirm your enrollment please follow the steps outlined below.
You will receive 2 emails from TJU.Admissions@jefferson.edu within 24 hours of your acceptance. The first will contain your Banner ID and log-in instructions. The second will be your PIN.
- Once you received your login information go to: https://banner.jefferson.edu/pls/tju/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon
- Enter your Banner ID and PIN
- Select the link: Confirm Your Enrollment and follow the instructions
- Part of confirming your enrollment is ensuring the University has the necessary information for you to receive Financial Aid, complete the pre-matriculation process and receive your campus key which is needed to access campus technology. If you are missing this information, please click on the “Submit Your Missing Information” link and follow the instructions.
- If you do not have a Social Security number, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-503-8890.
Due Date: 1st Day of Classes
*Students who received a prerequisite agreement in their acceptance letter must complete this requirement. If an agreement was not included in the acceptance letter, this requirement is waived.*
- Submission of your enrollment deposit confirms you have read and understand your prerequisite agreement.
- Complete all of the prerequisite credits/requirements prior to enrollment.
UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
It’s important all students review and update their HOME and LOCAL ADDRESSES, as well as EMERGENCY CONTACT information on a regular basis.
To do so, log on to Banner Web and click on the Personal Information link.
CHECK YOUR JEFFERSON EMAIL
Once you confirm your enrollment, the Academic Service Offices, including Financial Aid, will communicate with you via your Jefferson email address. Check your email with regularity at https://jeffmail.jefferson.edu.
SUBMIT REQUIRED CLEARANCES: FINGERPRINTS, PA BACKGROUND CHECK, PA CHILD ABUSE, HEALTHCARE EXCLUSION CHECK, & CPR CERTIFICATION
Clearances Start Date: July 1st to August 1st
Start these clearance requirements no earlier than July 1st and no later than August 1st. Starting the clearances in this time frame is important as this is an annual process you will need to complete each July for placement in fieldwork and/or residency.
Clearances Due Date: August 31st
You are required to submit the following clearances:
Fingerprints, Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance, Healthcare Exclusion List Check, and CPR Certification (MUST be American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers)
The Occupational Therapy Department has partnered with Complio to support you in completing all of your clearances with the exception of the CPR Certification. Below are instructions to complete the clearances:
Step 1: Create your Complio Account
- Go to https://thomasjefferson.complio.com
- Click on the orange “Create an account tab”
- There is a video (icon next to the create account tab) to show you how to create an account
Please note: this account is DIFFERENT than the account you are creating in Complio for your medical records. Please be sure to use the link above to create your clearances account.
Step 2: Create Order /Select Packages
- Once your account is created, click on the shopping cart icon on the upper right hand side of the page that says “Place Order”
- Enter Identifying Information :
- School: Jefferson University Health Professions
- Department: Occupational Therapy
- New or Returning Student: New
- Under “Bundles”:
- Select the “Criminal Background Check, FBI Fingerprinting, and Clearances Tracking Package of $86.00
- DO NOT SELECT the PA DHS Fingerprints under the “Screening” header. This is only for students whose clinical sites require this. The OT Department will notify you if you need to order this once you are a current student and placed on fieldwork.
- Students will have information to fill out for EFAST Fingerprinting, disclosure docs, etc. When done these forms there is a final page that will show all information entered to verify accuracy.
- Submit Payment- Credit Card or Money Order
Step 3: Complete Fingerprinting process (Complio will email you instructions)
- When receive fingerprinting results upload to Complio
Step 4: Get CPR Certification
- Students must have an active CPR certification throughout their time in the Occupational Therapy program at Jefferson.
- The following criteria must be met:
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers. We will NOT accept certifications from any other providers.
- Students must be covered for the entire course of the curriculum. Therefore, the two-year certification should not occur before July 1.
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital offers the required CPR course, however it is not necessary to take it at Jefferson. If you are interested in the course at Jefferson, you can enroll at the following link: http://www.jeffersonhospital.org/departments-and-services/jeffstat/education-center
- Load your certification results into your Complio account.
SUBMIT MEDICAL RECORDS
Start Date: January 1st
Due Date: August 31st
Begin this process early since it may take up to 8 weeks to complete.
Health requirements and forms can be found here at the University Health Services (UHS) website. Occupational Therapy students are in Category B for health requirements.
To complete the health requirements:
- Print Category B documents and take to your physician.
- To submit your documents, enroll with American DataBank’s (ADB) Complio System, a company contracted by University Health Services, for a $30 annual subscription fee. ADB is a compliance tracking system where you will load your completed documents.
- You are expected to use your Jefferson email account when enrolling in ADB.
- Upload the completed health records into the American DataBank (ADB) Complio System.
- It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the forms have been reviewed and approved.
- If the forms have been accepted and are considered complete, the ADB Complio System reads “School Approved.”
Questions may be addressed by phone to UHS at 215-955-6835 or by email to JeffUHS@jefferson.edu.
If you are a current Jefferson Employee, you must visit UHS and update your records.
SUBMIT PROOF OF HEALTH INSURANCE
Start Date: July 1st
Due Date: August 31st
- All matriculated students must maintain health insurance (Dental insurance is optional).
- Student needs to complete the process online at firststudent.com.
- Instructions to complete the process are available at: http://www.jefferson.edu/university/student-life-engagement/health-dental-insurance/enrollment-waiver.html
PAY TUITION AND FEES
SUBMIT HIPAA & SAFETY TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Start Date: June 1st
Due Date: August 31st
ATTEND UNIVERSITY ORIENTATION
You’ll receive an Orientation packet approximately one month prior to your scheduled date.
Attendance is mandatory, so do not forget to register.
ATTEND DEPARTMENT ORIENTATION
This program is coordinated through the individual academic areas. Please contact your academic department or College for information about the date and location of the event.
The Department Orientation, where you learn the policies, procedures, and standards of your program, is a required component to starting your education at Jefferson.
SUBMIT FINAL TRANSCRIPTS
Due Date: August 31st
At the completion of all outstanding prerequisites, have an official transcript mailed to:
Office of Admissions
130 South 9th Street, Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA 19107