Submit an application to NursingCAS here.
*** Choose the following designation:
- MSN Nurse Anesthesia (CRNA) in class only Spring 2015
For instructions on how to apply, please use the NursingCAS instruction checklist here. You can only apply for one program and one entry term. If you submit an application for more than one program or more than one entry term, only the first one will be processed by Jefferson. NursingCAS will not issue a refund of the application fee(s) for unprocessed applications.
Admissions Application Instructions
Program: Nursing – Nurse Anesthesia Master's (CRNA)
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SPRING 2016!
Applying for Nursing Admission
We are happy that you have decided to apply to Jefferson. The Jefferson School of Nursing of Thomas Jefferson University has partnered with NursingCAS, The Centralized Application Service for Nursing Schools, to collect and manage applications to our Nursing programs. It is extremely important that you carefully read all directions listed below to ensure successful submission of your application.
For admission deadlines, please visit the Nursing deadlines page here.
If you have questions regarding admission to the CRNA program, please contact Niki Kelley, Associate Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For inquiries regarding curriculum or clinical content within the CRNA program, please contact Marian Feil, Program Director, at email@example.com
Submit an application to NursingCAS here.
Submit 2 current recommendations, 1 Professional and 1 Academic directly to Nursing CAS meeting the following criteria:
- Professional: must be current nurse manager or supervisor, coworker recommendations will not be accepted.
- Academic: must be professor or clinical instructor, if you have been out of school for some time you may utilize a CNS at your current place of work.
Please direct questions and concerns regarding recommendations to Dr. Ksenia Zukowsky, Associate Dean for Graduate Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See recommendation letters submission instructions here.
CPR Certification: Submit proof of current certification in the “Licenses and Certifications” section to NursingCAS. Please provide type and expiration of CPR certification. Must be American Heart Association or American Red Cross Certification course. Click here to see instructions on uploading documents to Nursing CAS.
RN License: Submit proof of current licensure in the “Licenses and Certifications” section to NursingCAS. Provide state and expiration date of licensure in “Certifications” section of application. Click here to see instructions on uploading documents to Nursing CAS.
ACLS and PALS Certification: Submit proof of current certification, if applicable, in the “Licenses and Certifications” section to NursingCAS. Click here to see instructions on uploading documents to Nursing CAS.
Submit official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores directly to Jefferson. School Code: GRE/5750, MAT/9910. Scores are valid for two years from date taken.
Applicants who have earned a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher are not required to report test scores (standard rounding rules apply, e.g. 3.15 or higher is rounded to 3.2, whereas 3.14 is not). Applicants who do not meet this requirement must present evidence of one of the following:
- Competitive scores on the GRE, GRE Writing Examination or MAT
- A grade of B or better in two core graduate nursing courses taken at Jefferson as a non-degree student
All international students and U.S. permanent residents must demonstrate English language proficiency as one of the conditions for admission to Jefferson.
Send scores directly to Jefferson Schools Admissions, 130 S. 9th St., Suite 100, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
Jefferson School of Nursing will accept any one of the following items to satisfy the proficiency requirement:
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with an overall score of at least 87 and individual section scores as follows: Writing - 21, Speaking - 23, Reading - 21 and Listening - 22. Report scores on NursingCAS but request official scores to be sent to Jefferson. TOEFL code = 2903.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university.
- State licensure in nursing
- Score of 508 or higher on the Critical Reading (formerly Verbal) section for the SAT for applicants entering Jefferson directly from high school
- Native English speaker from one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa or United Kingdom.
Once your application is verified by NursingCAS and downloaded by Jefferson you will receive 2 emails with login information for the supplemental application. Please complete, submit and make sure to add NursingCAS ID number and date. The application fee of $25 must be paid by credit card to process the application completely.
** Please check your Spam email for any communication from Jefferson as we will communicate primarily via the email address you provide on NursingCAS. If you do not receive an email from Jefferson with instructions to complete the supplemental application within 2 weeks of your Nursing CAS application being "Verified", please contact (215) 503-8890.