All international students and U.S. permanent residents must demonstrate English language proficiency as one of the conditions for admission to Jefferson.
Send scores directly to Jefferson Colleges Admissions, 130 S. 9th St., Suite 100, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
Jefferson College of Nursing will accept any one of the following items to satisfy the proficiency requirement:
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with an overall score of at least 87 and individual section scores as follows: Writing - 21, Speaking - 23, Reading - 21 and Listening - 22. Report scores on TJAPP but request official scores to be sent to Jefferson. TOEFL code = 2903.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university.
- State licensure in nursing
- Score of 508 or higher on the Critical Reading (formerly Verbal) section for the SAT for applicants entering Jefferson directly from high school
- Native English speaker from one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa or United Kingdom.