Radiologic Sciences - Radiography
Specific technical standards the radiography student must be able to meet are:
- Lift, transfer and/or move patients from wheelchair/stretcher to x-ray table.
- Lift, move reach or push equipment
- Manual dexterity and ability to bend/stretch.
- Be able to stand or walk for 75% of clinical time.
- Distinguish colors and shades of gray.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, including patient instruction.
- Read and extract information from the medical chart or patient prescriptions.
- Explain the clinical study verbally and /or in writing.
- Physical and mental abilities to handle moderate and frequent exposure to infectious agents (blood, urine) and moderate and limited exposure to ionizing radiation.
- Carry 12-30 pounds (lead aprons) while working.