Thomas Jefferson University & University of Delaware
3 + 4 BS/PharmD
Apply for admission to the 3+4 BS/PharmD program using the regular University of Delaware undergraduate application. If admitted, you will spend the first three years at the University of Delaware and then proceed to Jefferson for the final four years of Pharmacy coursework and fieldwork. Earn your bachelor's degree in Biological Sicences, with a concentration in Pharmaceutical Sciences from UD after successful completion of the first year at Jefferson School of Pharmacy. Jefferson awards a Doctor of Pharmacy after successful completion of the final year at JSP.
- A rigorous college preparatory high school curriculum. The strongest applicants will have mathematics at least through pre-calculus and at least three years of laboratory science in high school.
- Excellent grades in high school. Students who have pursued honors, accelerated, Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate coursework in high school are particularly encouraged to apply.
- A personal statement that states interest in a Pharmaceutical Sciences career.
Application Requirements & Deadline
- Complete a University of Delaware admissions application and supplemental application (including Letter of Intent) by January 1
- Personal interview with University of Delaware/Jefferson School of Pharmacy Joint Admissions Committee before January 1
- Official high school transcripts
- Official SAT I or ACT test scores
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Activities resume
- Application fee
- 3 years of the Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences at University of Delaware. Students must meet the requirement for Biology BS concentrations
- Credits earned during the first year at Jefferson will be counted toward the completion of the University of Delaware degree
Curriculum Requirements While Enrolled at the University of Delaware
- Students must earn at least a 3.0 overall GPA and in the math and sciences
- A grade of at least ‘C’ is required to transfer prerequisite coursework to Jefferson
- Official PCAT scores in the 70th percentile or higher