Thomas Jefferson University & Penn State Abington
3 + 2 BS/MS
Earn the Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from Penn State Abington and the Master of Science (MS) degree from Thomas Jefferson University within five years after graduation from high school.
Apply for admission to the 3+2 BS/MS program using the regular Penn State Abington undergraduate application. If admitted, you will spend the first three years at Penn State Abington and then proceed to Jefferson for the final two years of Bioscience Technologies coursework. Earn your bachelor's degree in Science with the Life Science option from Penn State Abington after successful completion of the first year at Jefferson College of Health Professions. Jefferson awards a master's degree in one of the Bioscience Technologies modalities after successful completion of the third year at JCHP.
- GPA between 2.8 – 3.5
- SAT score between 1450 – 1750
- Science majors are required to have an advanced level of math like pre-calculus, trigonometry, or elementary functions from high school
Application Requirements & Deadline
- Submit a completed Penn State Abington undergraduate admissions application by November 30th
- Official high school transcripts
- Official SAT I test scores
- Activities resume
- Volunteer/observation hours
- Application fee
Follow a specific 3-year track at Penn State Abington that includes the prerequisite coursework needed to transfer into the Jefferson program.
Credits earned toward the first year at Jefferson will be counted toward the completion of a BS in Science with the Life Science option from Penn State Abington.
In order to transfer into the Jefferson program, you must:
- Complete the articulated Penn State Abington curriculum
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.8 (3.0 in science courses)
- Earn at least a C in all prerequisite coursework
For more information, please contact
Jennifer Raab, Assistant Director, Admissions
of Health Professions
Penn State Abington