Requirements for Accepted Students - College of Biomedical Sciences
MS Human Genetics & Genetic Counseling Candidates
Congratulations on your acceptance to Jefferson!
Please review the requirements and information listed below before you start your classes. Failure to complete the prerequisite requirements will result in denied access to Blackboard/Banner on the first day of class. If you have any questions about completing these requirements, please contact the JCBS Admissions Office at 215-503-4400.
Please use the following information as a checklist to keep track of your requirements as you complete them. We’ve arranged the following tasks by when they require completion in order to ensure you get everything completed on time.
You need to:
Confirm Your Enrollment
Due Date: Listed on acceptance letter
To confirm your enrollment please follow the steps outlined below.
You will receive 2 emails from TJU.Admissions@jefferson.edu within 24 hours of your acceptance. The first will contain your Banner ID and log-in instructions. The second will be your PIN.
- Once you received your login information go to: https://banner.jefferson.edu/pls/tju/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon
- Enter your Banner ID and PIN
- Select the link: Confirm Your Enrollment and follow the instructions
- Part of confirming your enrollment is ensuring the University has the necessary information for you to receive Financial Aid, complete the pre-matriculation process and receive your campus key which is needed to access campus technology. If you are missing this information, please click on the “Submit Your Missing Information” link and follow the instructions.
- If you do not have a Social Security number, please contact the Admissions Office at 215-503-4400.
SUBMIT MEDICAL RECORDS
Due Date: 4 weeks before classes start
Begin this process early since it may take up to 8 weeks to complete.
If you do not comply you will not have access to Blackboard/Banner on the first day of class.
Forms can be found here at the University Health Services (UHS) website.
Human Genetics & Genetic Counseling students will fill out the Category B Form
- Enroll with American DataBank (ADB), a company contracted by University Health Services, for a $30 annual subscription fee.
- Upload the completed health records into the American DataBank (ADB) Complio System. The required health forms may also be accessed through this website.
All Jefferson students are expected to use their Jefferson email account when enrolling in ADB. After that:
- ADB and UHS will review the forms and students will see communications such as correspondence regarding outstanding or insufficient requirements.
It’s the student’s responsibility to verify that the forms have been reviewed and approved.
- If the forms have been accepted and are considered complete, the ADB Complio System reads “School Approved.”
Questions may be addressed by phone to UHS at (215) 955-6835 or by email to JeffUHS@jefferson.edu.
If you are a current Jefferson Employee, you must visit UHS and update your records.
SUBMIT PROOF OF HEALTH INSURANCE
Due Date: 4 weeks before classes start
- All matriculated students must maintain health insurance (Dental insurance is optional).
- Incoming students will receive an email indicating when they can either waive or sign up for health insurance. We expect this email to be sent out by mid-July.
- Learn more about health and dental insurance.
- For additional questions, contact Mary Hom at email@example.com or 215-503-0151
UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Due Date: 4 weeks after acceptance
It’s important all students review and update their HOME and LOCAL ADDRESSES, as well as EMERGENCY CONTACT information on a regular basis.
To do so, log on to Banner Web and click on the Personal Information link.
Complete All Clearances
The program has partnered with CastleBranch to assist you in completing background checks and required clearances requirements. You can begin the process by clicking here and following the instructions provided.
Because of the time needed to complete these requirements, we ask that you begin as soon as possible.
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Students will receive registration information from their academic advisor/program director prior to orientation
- Click here for information on how to register online
- If you have additional questions, contact the College of Biomedical Sciences at 215-503-4400
TUITION & FINANCIAL AID
Attendance is mandatory, so don’t forget to register!
SUBMIT FINAL TRANSCRIPTS
At the completion of all outstanding coursework, have an official, final transcript mailed to:
JCBS Office of Admissions
1020 Locust St., Room M46
Philadelphia, PA 19107
International students should contact the Office of International Affairs for assistance regarding visa/immigration requirements: