Postbaccalaureate Pre-Professional Program (P4)
Once accepted, students take classes and testing preparation courses (MCAT) and also participate in academic and professional development opportunities with other P4 students.
1-year (accelerated) and 2-year tracks are available for P4 students. 38 credits required.
P4 Pre-Medical Program
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Anatomy & Physiology
Professional Development, Advising Support & Clinical Experiences
- Art & Science of Healthcare
Art & Science of Healthcare
The Art & Science of Healthcare is designed to provide students with the knowledge on how to reach their goals as a healthcare professional. The series can include workshops and networking opportunities, such as:
- Managing academics and personal life during your academic career
- Connecting with medical students and graduates from medical and professional programs
- Developing a healthcare profession school application with an overview on healthcare community and leadership activities
- Enhancing interviewing skills
- Exposure to visiting admission officers from the following professional schools: dental, medical (allopathic & osteopathic), podiatry, optometry, physician assistant, physical therapy and occupational therapy
General Schedule Information
Courses and other program activities will be held most weekdays. There may be occasional evening or weekend activities, but these will be scheduled with adequate advance notice.
There is time to complete outside healthcare community, volunteer and shadowing opportunities.
Certificate Completion Requirements
Students successfully complete our program by:
- Completing basic science and elective courses, finishing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Earning a passing grade for Art & Science of Healthcare by participating in activities and satisfactorily completing related assignments
- Participating fully in the MCAT preparation course, including the comprehensive review