Richard R. Hardy, PhD
Fox Chase Cancer Center
Philadelphia, PA 19111
(215) 728-2412 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Leonard Herzenberg (1931-2013): the life of FACS.
- A role for IRF4 in the development of CLL.
- Identification of transcriptional regulators in the mouse immune system
- The transcriptional landscape of αβ T cell differentiation
- Transcriptional insights into the CD8 + T cell response to infection and memory T cell formation
Research and Clinical Interests
Developmental immunology of B cells, including their generation from stem cells in fetal liver and bone marrow; regulation of B-cell development by pre-BCR and BCR signaling; development of B-cell subsets, including B-1 B cells, with relevance to autoimmunity and leukemia. Most of this work uses the mouse as a model system, but recent studies include analysis of B cell receptors in chronic lymphocytic leukemia patient cells and a genetic screen in the zebrafish.