Javad Parvizi, MD, FRCS
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- CORR Insights®: Increased Risk of Periprosthetic Femur Fractures Associated With a Unique Cementless Stem Design
- Is tantalum protective against infection in revision total hip arthroplasty?
- Retrieval Analysis of Sequentially Annealed Highly Crosslinked Polyethylene Used in Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Total joint arthroplasty in cancer patients
- Does the Nature of Chondrolabral Injury Affect the Results of Open Surgery for Femoroacetabular Impingement?
University of Sheffield, United Kingdom - 1991
Mayo Medical Center, Rochester MN
Mayo Medical Center, Rochester MN University of Berne, Switzerland
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Expertise and Research Interests
Dr. Parvizi is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in pelvis, hip, and knee reconstruction with a special interest in hip pain in young adults and joint preservation procedures. He is the director of Clinical Research at the Rothman Institute.
Dr. Parvizi completed his medical training in the United Kingdom graduating from University of Sheffield in 1991. He completed his surgical training at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN and fellowship training with Professor Reinhold Ganz in Iselspital, Switzerland. His training also includes a master''s degree from the Mayo Foundation in Molecular Biology that involved evaluating bone healing and cartilage repair.
Dr. Parvizi brings a new and unique expertise for treatment of hip pain in young adults, which includes Ganz''s Periacetabular Osteotomy and other non-replacement surgeries for the hip.
He is a member of various societies including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Orthopaedic Research Society. He is actively involved in basic science research particularly related to Smart Self-Protective Implants that resist infection.