Yuri K. Sykulev, MD, PhD
Bluemle Life Sciences Building 706
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 923-4153 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Evidence that the density of self peptide-MHC ligands regulates T-cell receptor signaling
- Enteric alpha defensins in norm and pathology.
- The mechanisms of inactivation of the Tag7-Hsp70 cytotoxic complex
- Enteric alpha defensins in norm and pathology
- Mechanisms controlling granule-mediated cytolytic activity of cytotoxic T lymphocytes
Research and Clinical Interests
The major goal of my research program is to understand molecular mechanisms regulating various activities of cytotoxic lymphocytes. Understanding of these mechanisms, particularly those that lead to the lymphocyte activation and inactivation, is expected to facilitate the development of novel approaches to manipulate lymphocytes receptor-mediated signaling and their responsiveness and would lead to the development of novel immunotherapeutic interventions to treat viral infections, cancer and other diseases.