Joseph I. Tracy, PhD, ABPP (CN)
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Resting-state functional connectivity predicts the strength of hemispheric lateralization for language processing in temporal lobe epilepsy and normals
- Distinct types of white matter changes are observed after anterior temporal lobectomy in epilepsy
- Early and Late Age of Seizure Onset have a Differential Impact on Brain Resting-State Organization in Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
- Influence of anxiety on memory performance in temporal lobe epilepsy
- Increased microstructural white matter correlations in left, but not right, temporal lobe epilepsy
Research and Clinical Interests
My research focuses on mapping in the brain key cognitive skills and behaviors, particularly as an aid to surgical planning and improving patient outcomes following clinical interventions such as brain surgery. A specific interest in epilepsy.
Functional Magnetic Resource Imaging and other MR techniques such as functional connectivity and diffusion tensor imaging. Experimental cognitive and behavioral assessments are also utilized. I hope that my findings will be used to develop treatments that will improve cognitive skills and, in particular, improve patient outcomes following brain surgery.