Joseph I. Tracy, PhD, ABPP (CN)
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Influence of anxiety on memory performance in temporal lobe epilepsy
- Functional connectivity evidence of cortico-cortico inhibition in temporal lobe epilepsy
- Functional connectivity abnormalities vary by amygdala subdivision and are associated with psychiatric symptoms in unilateral temporal epilepsy
- Extratemporal functional connectivity impairments at rest are related to memory performance in mesial temporal epilepsy
- Hippocampal functional connectivity patterns during spatial working memory differ in right versus left temporal lobe epilepsy
Research and Clinical Interests
My research focuses on mapping in the brain key cognitive skills and behaviors, particularly as an aid to surgical planning and improving patient outcomes following clinical interventions such as brain surgery. A specific interest in epilepsy.
Functional Magnetic Resource Imaging and other MR techniques such as functional connectivity and diffusion tensor imaging. Experimental cognitive and behavioral assessments are also utilized. I hope that my findings will be used to develop treatments that will improve cognitive skills and, in particular, improve patient outcomes following brain surgery.