To make a reservation or inquire about Racquetball/Squash court availability, please call the front desk at (215) 503-7949 or make a walk-in reservation if the court is available.
Reservations will be accepted up to five days in advance.
All reservation requests will be maintained at the Front Desk.
Swimming Pool & Gymnasium
Procedures for reserving the aquatic area, full- or half-gymnasium, or group exercise room are as follows:
- Reservation requests can be e-mailed to the Recreation Coordinator.
- Reservations should be made at least 1 week in advance by submitting a completed Reservation Form to the Office of Student Life & Engagement.
- When making reservations, you must give specific, detailed information concerning your gathering:
- Time and date
- Group or organization & name of organization representative
- Purpose of gathering
- Telephone number
- Number of persons attending
- Names of any non-TJU students and non-Jefferson Recreation & Fitness Center Members who may be attending
Please note that reservation approvals are not guaranteed.
Important Information Concerning Reservations
Please note reservation approvals are not guaranteed.
It is important that the reservation requestor follow up with the JRFC concerning the details/status of the reservation.
To alter or cancel your reservation, you must contact the JRFC Director at
By signing submitting a reservation request, you will knowingly and voluntarily waive and release Thomas Jefferson University, its officers, employees, and students from any liability or claim for damages as a result of any injury or loss sustained during your reserved activity.
For information please call the JRFC Manager during operational hours of M-F 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. at (215) 503-9059.
Only the JRFC Director is authorized to approve a reservation request!
- Only Jefferson Recreation & Fitness Center Members and TJU Students may reserve the recreation facilities. Any person involved in the gathering, who is not a member of the JRFC follow the guest policy procedures and pay the guest fee of $10.
- The organization representative accepts full financial responsibility for any damages or losses incurred.
- The recreation areas may not be reserved during peak hours Monday through Friday (11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.; 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.) Reservation approval will depend upon the number of previously approved reservations and the schedule of regular intramural or co-curricular activities. Due to the large number of intramural activities in the fall and spring, no reservations will be approved after 4:00 p.m. M-T.
- Only parties of eight or more may reserve the full gymnasium. Parties of less than eight will be limited to half court.
Please see the "Calendar of Events & Reservations" for existing reservations.
Monday through Friday
6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Pool closes at 6 p.m.
10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
(Memorial Day through
Monday through Friday
6 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
The facility will also have varying operational hours during holiday periods.