Janice P. Burke, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 503-2950 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- A systematic focus on occupational therapy education
- State of measurement in occupational therapy using sensory integration
- Dissemination: Bringing translational research to completion
- How do we change practice when we have the evidence?
PhD, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
MA, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
BS, Utica College of Syracuse University, Utica, NY
Fellow, College of Physicians of Philadelphia
Distinguished Fellow, American Occupational Therapy
Dean, Jefferson College of Health Professions
Professor, Department of Occupational Therapy
American Occupational Therapy Association
· Chair, Academic Leadership Council (formerly PRODEC)
Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Association
College of Physicians of Philadelphia
Alpha Eta Society
Research & Clinical Interests
A Comparison of Parent and Therapist Goals for Children with Autism
Understanding the Perspective of Paid Caregivers: The Woods Project Pilot Research. Sept 2012 - May 2014
Supporting Mental Health of African American Elders. J. Burke, Qualitative Researcher. Gitlin, L. Principal Investigator. National Institute of Mental Health. July 1, 2005- June 30, 2010.
Creating and Sustaining Environments for Evidenced Based Practice. J. Burke, Conceptual Developer. Swenson-Miller, K. Principal Investigator. US Department of Health and Human Services. Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). July 1, 2005- June 30, 2006.
Tailored Activity to Improve Affect in Dementia at Home. L. Gitlin, Principal Investigator, J. Burke & L. Winter, Co-investigators. National Institute of Mental Health. January 1, 2004 - December 31, 2006.
Preparing Occupational Therapists for Careers in Early Intervention Urban Settings: A Program of Targeted Recruitment and Supported Preservice Preparation for Minority Students. Janice Burke, Project Director. U.S. Department of Education Grants for Pre-service Personnel Training. July 1, 2000 - June 30, 2005 (no cost extension July 1, 2005 - June 30, 2006).
Collaboration and Consultation: Innovative Occupational Therapy Services in Colleges. Janice Burke, Project Director. U.S. Department of Education Grants for Pre-service Personnel Training. January 1, 1998 - December 31, 2001.
Awards & Honors
- Eleanor Clarke Slagle Lecturer, 2009
- Service Commendations, AOTA (2009 Board of Directors, 2006-2009); (2008 Member, Linkages Between Education, Research and Practice Ad Hoc Group, 2006- 2007); (Member, Health & Wellness Ad Hoc Group, 2006); (2006 Member, Board Research Workgroup, 2005)
- Service Award (Chair, Developmental Disabilities Special Interest Section, 1993-1996),1996
- Distinguished Fellow, American Occupational Therapy Association, 1984
Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Association Award for Outstanding Achievement, 1999
Burlington Resources Foundation Faculty Achievement Award: Thomas Jefferson University, 1994
Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching: Thomas Jefferson University, 1994
Wilma West Lecturer: University of Southern California, 1989
Jean Ayres Award: American Occupational Therapy Foundation, 1989
Alumni of Achievement Award: Utica College, of Syracuse University, 1987
Who's Who in American Universities and Colleges, January, 1970