- Complete the non-matriculated student form (complete all information)
- E-mail form to email@example.com. We will initiate the process for registration.
- You will then be registered for the course and notified by the Tuition Office and the
Department of Occupational Therapy
- You start class online from anywhere you are
Advanced Practice Certificates
Advanced practice certificates in occupational therapy offer specialized knowledge in a specific area, to individuals who have earned a BS or MS in occupational therapy.
The curriculum consists of four graduate level courses that total 12 credits (depending on the specific certificate) and can be completed part-time over 12 -16 months (see specific certificate pages for more information). Jefferson currently offers certificates in:
- Emerging as Leaders in Autism Practice and Research
- Teaching in the Digital Age
- Neuroscience: Advanced Concepts for Evidence Based Practice
- Neurocognitive Disorders: Innovative Practice in Dementia Care
Courses use an online format with on-campus sessions that may be attended virtually. All certificates may be completed entirely online. All certificate credits can be used toward a Doctoral degree in Occupational Therapy at Jefferson.
Program Length & Schedule
- 4 courses; 12 credits (see descriptions of specific certificates for more information)
- Complete the certificate in 12 - 16 months
Bachelor’s degree or higher in occupational therapy.
Tuition is assessed per credit at the graduate level. Please visit the Registrar’s tuition page to view the current fees. Use the drop down menu to choose Jefferson College of Health Professions and Occupational Therapy Doctoral Program to view current per credit tuition rate. University technology and library fees are assessed each semester.
Jefferson alumni receive a 25% tuition discount. Employers may have funds budgeted to pay for tuition, either as tuition reimbursement programs or continuing education funds. For information about how to pay tuition and a monthly payment program click here.
Classes meet online generally one evening per week.
The program is designed for part-time study so that practicing therapists can complete the certificate while maintaining employment and personal obligations. Students can expect to spend 3 hours a week in an online class and additional time for reading and completing assignments.
Professional Development Units (PDU) for these courses are available through your professional organization.
The curriculum allows for a dynamic interactive learning environment using the latest technology for distance learning which allows access to a variety of experts on specific topic areas.
Jefferson’s resources, including library collections, services and technology, are easy to navigate via a distance format. The instructor will guide you through this process.
Students enrolling in the Advanced Practice Certificates program are not eligible for financial aid.