Healthcare Management Information Systems
The certificate program in Healthcare Information Systems provides competency in key areas of healthcare information. All credits earned may be transferred to associate and baccalaureate programs in information systems offered through Jefferson.
Admission Requirements and Procedures
- Advising session through the Department of General Studies
- High School diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) *
- Satisfactory (grade of C or higher) completion of a least one three-credit course required for the certificate *
- Completion of Application for Certificate Candidacy
- Payment of application fee
* Waived for students with AA/AS degree or higher.
CMST 101: Essentials of Computing or equivalent
|HCA 300 Health Services Delivery and Organization||3|
|HMIS 420 Informatics Analysis & Utilization in HSOs||3|
|HMIS 310 Management Information Systems in Health Care||3|
|CMST 212 Database Management||3|
|HMIS 311 Informatics Resources and Technology for Health Services||3|
|HMIS 401 Network Management||3|
|HMIS 402 Systems Design||3|
Students enrolling in this certificate program are not eligible for financial aid.