Mission and Goals
Mission Statement of the Department of Housing and Residence Life
The Department of Housing and Residence Life supports the mission of the University by fostering inclusive communities that encourage interprofessional activity and engagement by providing on campus housing, as well as excellent customer service to the Jefferson community. We strive to collaborate with all partners across the university to enhance the on campus experience. Residents are our first priority. We seek to encourage the social and personal development of each resident by providing experiences which create an atmosphere conducive to academic success and lifelong learning.
Learning Goals and Outcomes
Goal 1: Students will discover a greater understanding of self by exploring personal and professional values. (Awareness of Self)
- Students will be able to identify their own personal and professional values.
- Students will be able to acknowledge how wellness impacts their personal and professional values.
Goal 2: Students will demonstrate an awareness and understanding of others in a diverse community. (Awareness of Difference)
- Students will be able to understand how their behaviors affect others.
- Students will be able to learn the values and perspectives of others.
Goal 3: Students will create strong interprofessional connections with the Jefferson community. (Community Development)
- Students will be able to identify opportunities to interact with the Jefferson community.
- Students will be able to establish interprofessional connections within the Jefferson community.