The Martin Residence Hall is a 8-story residential building located at 11th and Walnut Streets, adjacent to Scott Memorial Library and across the street from Jefferson Alumni Hall and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital complex. This residence offers private or shared accommodations. Students and eligible Jefferson affiliates can take advantage or our nine month contract that includes the fall term and spring term. Summer term and pre-fall terms are optional. Visiting affiliates and patient families are eligible to stay one of two floors dedicated to short-term stays.
The Martin Residence Hall recently completed a series of renovations as of August 2013. All of the bedrooms, bathrooms and commons spaces have been upgraded with new furniture, paint, and carpet for the students to enjoy!
*Check out the RATE section of the DHRL website to learn about housing fees. Martin housing fees as charged by term.
Lower level lounge common area
Image: Typical private unit (left shelving unit is not included)
- Professional front desk coverage 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Floor lounges with cable TV and kitchenette
- Basement lounge with large screen television, pool table, and kitchen area
- Study Solarium common area
- Custodial service in common areas each weekday
- Vending area
- Coin-operated laundry facilities
- 24-hour emergency maintenance service
- Seven Resident Assistant (RA) live-in staff members
- Heat, air-conditioning, electric and water costs included in term housing rates
In addition, each room features:
Image: Typical shared unit
- One bed with mattress
- Two hideaway rolling drawers
- One desk with attached shelving hutch
- One desk chair
- One armoir with attached drawers and mirrored sliding door
- One microfridge in each room
- Ceiling and desk light fixture
- Central air conditioning
- 210 sq. feet
* Shared rooms have double the furniture but only one microfridge.