Whether you choose to live on or off-campus, take all appropriate safety precautions and make certain that your landlord has properly insured the building where you may be renting.
This section of the DHRL website is designed to make getting settled a little simpler. We hope the following information can be a starting point to more in depth research.
Getting started in your search for
- Things to consider as you begin your off-campus housing search: Safe Building Feature checklist, Fire Safety Concerns, Renter's Insurance
- Looking for a room for off-campus housing? Check out the "Looking for a Roommate" on BlackBoard. Log onto BlackBoard and click on the "Communities" tab on the top of the screen. On the right side of the screen you will see "Institutional Discussion Boards." Click on the "Looking for a Roommate" link and then the forum. Add a thread to find a roommate.
- Off-Campus Alternatives Housing Booklet
- Bulletin Board postings of local off campus listings (as received by the DHRL Office)*
- Additional Apartment Search websites: Zillow, Trulia, Apartment List
- Looking for pet-friendly accommodations? Here's a rental guide and pet-friendly listings from Zumper.com.
(Please note: The Department of Housing and Residence Life and Thomas Jefferson University are not affiliated with any off-campus housing site listed here, including any fraternities, nor is any particular property endorsed or recommended. Jefferson students and employees should perform due diligence to ensure that the off-campus property they are considering renting is insured and meets basic safety standards.)
*To have a listing posted on the Bulletin Board, please send a 40-word or less description of the property, including cost and contact information to email@example.com. No pictures. A link to a website can also be included. Listings will remain on the Bulletin Board for no more than 60 days. If listings are become filled, please contact Ken at the email above to have the listing removed.