Whether you choose to live on or off-campus, take all appropriate safety precautions and make certain that your landlord has properly insured the building where you may be renting.
This section of the DHRL website is designed to make getting settled a little simpler. We hope the following information can be a starting point to more in depth research.
Getting started in your search for
- Things to consider as you begin your off-campus housing search: Safe Building Feature checklist, Fire Safety Concerns, Renter's Insurance
- Looking for a room for off-campus housing? Check out the "Looking for a Roommate" Institutional Discussion Board. Add a post to find a roommate. You will need to login with your campus key and password since this is through BlackBoard.
- Off-Campus Alternatives Housing Booklet
- Bulletin Board postings of local off campus listings (as received by the DHRL Office)
- Additional Apartment Search websites: Zillow, Trulia
(Please note: The Department of Housing and Residence Life and Thomas Jefferson University are not affiliated with any off-campus housing site listed here, including any fraternities, nor is any particular property endorsed or recommended. Jefferson students and employees should perform due diligence to ensure that the off-campus property they are considering renting is insured and meets basic safety standards.)