Paying Your Housing Fees
Paying housing fees is easy but varies among buildings.
Barringer & Orlowitz Residence Halls
Housing fees are due on the 1st of each month. Residents will not receive a bill, but please be diligent in paying on time as late fees will begin to accrue on the 10th of each month.
Shortly after arrival, residents of Barringer/Orlowitz Residence Halls will receive a tenant code number in their on campus mailbox. This number should be included on all housing fee payment checks. It is important to include tenant number, name, building & room, and telephone number on the check.
Options for paying your rent:
1. Pay with your debit/credit card on RentCafe.com. In order to use Rent Cafe, students should complete a the Rent Cafe Form and turn it into Property Management prior to using the website. Forms are available online or in the DHRL Office. Once the form has been turned in, Property Management will send a special code to log into the website. Students can setup reoccurring payments that will automatically be deducted for each month's rent. DHRL and PMC recommend using the student's Jefferson campus key as the username to register for the website so it is easy to remember.
2. Barringer and Orlowitz residents can deposit their payment check in the rent drop box located in the front desk at the Orlowitz lobby.
3. Bring your rent payment check to the Department of Housing and Residence Life Office (Orlowitz, Suite 103) during normal business hours.
Barringer and Orlowitz residents may pay rent by check or money order payable to Philadelphia Management Company. Questions regarding billing or payment plan requests may be directed to:
Philadelphia Management Company Office (Barringer and Orlowitz only)
103 Orlowitz Residence
Martin Residence Hall
Housing fees are due at the beginning of each term. When housing fees are due, residents will not receive a separate bill. All Martin housing fees will appear on your tuition bill on Banner web. Please be diligent in checking your Banner web account and paying on time. A hold will be placed on the academic record of any delinquent resident. Payment plan options are available through the University Tuition Office. The calendar year is divided into four possible terms: Pre-fall, Fall, Spring, and Summer. Fall and Springs are required terms. Pre-fall and Summer are optional terms for Martin residents.
Pre-fall term: July 1 - Aug 31
Fall Term: Sept 1 - Dec 31
Spring Term: Jan 1 - May 31
Summer Term: June 1 - June 30
When housing fees are due, residents will not receive a separate bill. All Martin housing fees will appear on your tuition bill on Banner web. Please be diligent in checking your Banner web account and paying on time.
There are a few options for how students can pay Martin Housing Fees:
- Pay by cash, check, or money order at the Student Accounts Office, 1020 Walnut Street, Room 521, Scott Library Building.
- Pay via Master Card or VISA credit card on Banner Web. Go to menu item “Student and Financial Aid” and select “Student Account” then “Account Summary.” The option to pay by credit card is at located at the bottom of this page.
- Pay by mail. Make checks or money orders payable to: "Thomas Jefferson University.” Include the account number and student name on your check or money order, and send payments to:
If you have financial aid pending for a portion of your balance, then the segment not covered by financial aid must be remitted via one of the above methods. A hold will be placed on the academic record of any delinquent resident. Payment plan options are available through the University Tuition Office. If you have any questions about the actual charges, please contact the Housing Office at (215) 955-8913 or University.Housing@jefferson.edu. Questions regarding payment plan options should be directed to:
University Housing Fee Payment Plans (Martin only)
University Tuition Office
521 Scott Building
To pay through a monthly payment program, visit the Tuition Management Systems webpage, www.afford.com, and click the tab for “Payment Plans,” or call TMS at (800) 356-8329 for more information.