OPTUMRx is the new name for Prescription Solutions
OPTUMRx is the Pharmacy benefit manager for Jefferson employees.
- If you enroll for a Jefferson medical plan, you will automatically be enrolled in Prescription Benefits.
- When you enroll, you will receive a mailing from OPTUMRx, including a booklet describing the plan benefits with your ID cards attached to the back of the booklet.
- You will receive two ID cards. The cards only show the employee’s name but your enrolled dependents will be listed at the pharmacy when you present the card.
- If you need additional cards please call Customer Service at 800-797-9791.
- Download OPTUMRx Welcome Booklet (PDF).
- OPTUMRx Member Reimbursement Form
Use your prescription ID card at retail and Jefferson pharmacies. You will have the lowest out-of-pocket prescription costs when you use Jefferson pharmacies.
Jefferson's Outpatient Pharmacies
- Jefferson Apothecary
1st floor, Gibbon Building
- Jefferson Pharmacy
Lobby, 833 Chestnut Street
- Jefferson Hospital of Neuroscience Pharmacy
900 Walnut Street
- TJUH – Methodist Hospital Division
2301 S. Broad Street
You must use a Jefferson pharmacy for the following:
- Maintenance medication you take on an on-going basis over time
- Certain drugs that require special handling such as Proton Pump Inhibitors, Smoking Cessation prescriptions, Genetically engineered drugs etc.
The prescription plan requires you to order generic drugs when available, whether at a retail pharmacy or a Jefferson pharmacy.
For more information, please contact the HR Service Center at (215) 503-HRSC or HRQuestions@Jefferson.edu.