OPTUMRx is the Pharmacy benefit manager for Jefferson employees.
- If you enroll for a Jefferson medical plan, you will automatically be enrolled in Prescription Benefits.
- When you enroll, you will receive a mailing from OPTUMRx, including a booklet describing the plan benefits with your ID cards attached to the back of the booklet.
- You will receive two ID cards. The cards only show the employee’s name but your enrolled dependents will be listed at the pharmacy when you present the card.
- If you need additional cards please call Customer Service at 800-797-9791.
- OPTUMRx Member Reimbursement Form
Use your prescription ID card at retail and Jefferson pharmacies. You will have the lowest out-of-pocket prescription costs when you use Jefferson pharmacies.
Jefferson's Outpatient Pharmacies
- Jefferson Apothecary
1st floor, Gibbon Building
- Jefferson Pharmacy
Lobby, 833 Chestnut Street
- Jefferson Hospital of Neuroscience Pharmacy
900 Walnut Street
- TJUH – Methodist Hospital Division
2301 S. Broad Street
You must use a Jefferson pharmacy for the following:
- Maintenance medication you take on an on-going basis over time
- The mandatory in-house list includes drugs which are self-injected or require special handling along with some that are more common. Consult the Benefits Guidebook for more detailed information.
The prescription plan requires you to order generic drugs when available, whether at a retail pharmacy or a Jefferson pharmacy.
For more information, please contact the HR Service Center at (215) 503-HRSC or HRQuestions@Jefferson.edu.