Procedures for International Observers
Departments must complete and submit the following documents for international observers or volunteers coming to Jefferson on a B-1, visa waiver, H-4, etc. (NOT for J-1 scholars sponsored by Jefferson).
- International Visitor-Volunteer Pre-Arrival Form (PDF fillable) for B-1 / Visa Waiver / H-4 / F-2, etc.
- Sample invitation letter: Bench Research
Sample invitation letter: No Bench Research
- Immunization Documentation Form to be completed by the Applicant BEFORE arrival.
International observers or researchers MUST complete the Immunization Form before their arrival for clearance from University Health Services (UHS). Refer the applicant to the following link: UHS.
The international visitor is required to have health insurance which includes evacuation/repatriation coverage for the duration of their activity at Jefferson. They may use health insurance from their home country (that covers their time in the U.S.), or purchase it online from one of these suggested providers:
International Observer/Visitor Check-in at Jefferson
The international visitor must check-in at the Office of International Affairs before participating in any activity at Jefferson. They must bring the following documents to the check-in:
- I-94 number
- Any immigration documents
- Completed immunization form
- Health insurance information.
To set up a check-in appointment with OIA, contact Matthew.Dugan@jefferson.edu