J-1 Program Extensions
The J-1 Research Scholar may extend his or her program for up to 5 years from the original start date on the DS-2019.
In order to extend a J-1 program, the DS-2019 must be extended. The DS-2019 Extension Request Form must be completed with supplemental documentation.
- The scholar's supervisor and department chair must provide signatures to approve funding and program extension dates
- If the scholar is being paid by Jefferson, please attach an updated Personnel Action Form (PAF)
- If the scholar is self-funded, he/she must provide updated proof of funding AND proof of departmental commitment to the scholar
- Proof of health insurance must be provided
- If the scholar is new to the department, the supervisor must also provide an appointment letter
EXTEND J-1 STATUS