New Web Development
Below describes the process in developing a new website per the new Jefferson web template.
There are two paths to be considered based on how your website is maintained. All new sites are in CQ CMS offering departments the vehicle to do minor content changes to their sites.
In with the new...
Note, that the following process may change as ultimately the University presence will now be under the direction of Marketing. More information to follow.
The process to bring your current Jefferson.edu website into the new Jefferson branded template is detailed below:
- IS&T contacts the site liaison, as identified by the Department Chair,
to meet about the site update and departments objectives.
- IS&T initially builds the site on our development server, note that until your site has been posted to www.jefferson.edu/university/ it is only accessible while on the campus network.
- The build is per the client's direction, in conjunction with Marketing.
- New site is posted. Old site (if applicable) has redirects added to new presence.
- Site is handed over to the department for maintenance per the workflow process.
Familiarize yourself with the TJU Web Style Guide. Consider as you prepare your content:
Key Messages: what is the first and second concept/idea that you want your visitors to capture without ‘studying’ the page?
Identify target audience: who are they and how are they reached, what motivates them?
Outline: organize content from overview to detailed information in delivering your message -- note this will drive the sub navigation of your site.
3-click guideline: web principle that suggests that a user should be able to find intended or sought out information within 3 clicks.
Concepts/Images: what is the nature of your discipline?
Copy/Editorial: who will be the point person in delivering and then approving the content?
Less is more theory: you do not want to overwhelm users with too much information, graphics or accessory applications, particularly at initial landing pages.
— Orientation Brochure
— Orientation Letter
— Orientation Presentation
— Policies & Disclaimers
Campus Key Help
— Wireless Coverage Map
— Intel Proset PDF
— Vista/Win 7
— Mac Tiger
— Mac Leopard
— Mac Snow Leopard
— Mac Lion
— Configuration Settings
JeffShare: Network Storage
— Avira Anti-vir
— Trend Micro Scan
— ClamXAV for Mac
— Spyware Terminator
TJU Dell Premier Page
Policies & Disclaimers