Request to Waive Insurance
First year students who can provide evidence of comparable health insurance through the policy of a parent or spouse may request to waive the coverage offered through JMC. You must complete the “request to waive” section of the online enrollment to begin this process. Only those plans which provide comprehensive comparable coverage will be accepted as appropriate alternate insurance and must meet the following requirements:
- Outpatient office visits in the Philadelphia area
- Prescription drug coverage
- Ancillary service coverage (x-ray, lab, etc.) in Philadelphia
- Outpatient mental health coverage in the Philadelphia area
- The yearly premium plus the deductible may NOT total more than $4,283
Each waiver request will be reviewed to assure comparable coverage prior to approval.
If your current plan expires prior to the end of the school year, you may enroll in the United Healthcare plan at a pro-rated charge.
Request to waive – To begin the online enrollment/waive process, please access the United Healthcare Web site after directly selecting “Jefferson Medical College” at First Student.