Howard Gamper, Jr., PhD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 503-4954 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Structural and mechanistic basis for enhanced translational efficiency by 2-thiouridine at the tRNA anticodon wobble position
- The temperature sensitivity of a mutation in the essential tRNA modification enzyme tRNA methyltransferase D (TrmD)
- Conservation of structure and mechanism by Trm5 enzymes
- Potential for interdependent development of tRNA determinants for aminoacylation and ribosome decoding.
- Distinct kinetic determinants for the stepwise CCA addition to tRNA
PhD, University of California at Berkeley, Comparative Biochemistry - 1979
Expertise & Research Interests
Development and use of pseudo-complementary nucleic acids in biotechnology, diagnostics and therapeutics; tRNA; Translation.