Professional Orientation, Development
& Support Program
Dr. Ronald E. Myers and Joanne Filicko-O'Hara, MD (Director, Educational Programs, Department of Medical Oncology) are leading the development of the Professional Orientation, Development, and Support (PODS) Program for the Department of Medical Oncology. The PODS program is intended to facilitate personal growth and career development of new faculty by connecting them to the resources of Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, and Kimmel Cancer Center and to mentors who can assist them in career development.
Center for Health Decisions
Qualified faculty and staff provide education and training related to decision making and decision counseling. Major components include didactic presentations, mock decision-counseling sessions, decision-counseling performance assessment, and mentoring by an experienced decision counselor.
The Center makes appropriate training available to medical, nursing, and allied health professional students. The Center also makes training available to different provider groups, including physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, and provider organizations. Training programs are tailored in length and content to the needs of each group.
- Clinical Trials | Guide (PDF)
- Clinical Trials | Guide – Spanish (PDF)
- Colon Cancer | Vaccine | CRC Pamphlet (PDF)
- Colon Cancer | GERA Booklet (PDF)
- Hepatitis C | Booklet (PDF)
- Pancreatic Cancer | JPTR Info (Word)
- Prostate Cancer | Screening | Booklet (PDF)
- Sickle Cell | Eligibility Testing Brochure (PDF)
- Sickle Cell | Transplant Brochure (PDF)