Neal Flomenberg, MD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- A Two-Step Approach to Myeloablative Haploidentical Transplantation: Low Nonrelapse Mortality and High Survival Confirmed in Patients with Earlier Stage Disease
- Reverse warburg effect in a patient with aggressive B-cell lymphoma: Is lactic acidosis a paraneoplastic syndrome?
- Multiple mismatches at the low expression HLA loci DP, DQ, and DRB3/4/5 associate with adverse outcomes in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- Understanding the metabolic basis of drug resistance: Therapeutic induction of the Warburg effect kills cancer cells
- Cancer cells metabolically "fertilize" the tumor microenvironment with hydrogen peroxide, driving the Warburg effect: Implications for PET imaging of human tumors
Jefferson Medical College - 1976
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NY
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NY
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Methodist Hospital Division of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Active Medical Staff
Chair, Department of Medical Oncology
Professor of Medical Oncology
Research and Clinical Interests
Medical Oncology, Hematology-Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplant, Hematologic Malignancies, Leukemia, Lymphoma
Dr. Flomenberg is the Chairman of Medical Oncology and also heads the Hematologic Malignancies, Blood and Marrow Transplantation (BMT) Program. He has had a longstanding interest in the immunogenetics and immunology of stem cell transplantation, with the goal of making transplantation safer and more widely available.