Danielle Duffy, MD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 503-3976 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Novel treatments for familial hypercholesterolemia: PharmacogenetiCs At Work
- Aspirin for cardioprotection and strategies to improve patient adherence.
- Pharmacokinetic interactions of the microsomal triglyceride transfer protein inhibitor, lomitapide, with drugs commonly used in the management of hypercholesterolemia
- The impact of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels on long-term outcomes after non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction
- Update on strategies to increase HDL quantity and function.
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine - 2002
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine Cardiovascular Diseases, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Expertise & Research Areas
My areas of clinical expertise are complex lipid disorders, cardiovascular prevention, and cardiovascular disease in women. My general research focus is preventive cardiology. My specific interests and ongoing projects involve new therapeutics for HDL and LDL-cholesterol, the use of additional diagnotic testing for cardiovascular risk stratification, and women's cardiovascular prevention.
Lipid disorders; preventive cardiology; familial hypercholesterolemia; new therapeutics; women's cardiovascular health