New Pulmonary Rehab Program
Outpatient Pulmonary Rehab at Jefferson’s Methodist Hospital is an individually medically supervised program that helps to improve the quality of life and well-being of patients with chronic respiratory diseases who are symptomatic and have decreased ability to perform daily activities. The program includes medical management, education, emotional support, exercise, breathing retraining and nutritional counseling.
Our medically monitored program is customized for each patient to help facilitate lifestyle changes essential to restoring physical and emotional health.
- Exercise training to help you exercise safely , strengthen your muscles and get your energy back
- Education about your lung disease or condition, It may help you participate in activities with less shortness of breath, as well as teach you how to “live” better with your lung conditions.
Patients meet with specialists individually and as a group.
Family participation is encouraged.
By working with your physician and our program’s nurses, registered respiratory therapists and registered dietitian, you may:
- Have decreased symptoms like being short of breath, coughing, wheezing
- Breath better
- Get stronger
- Decrease stress
- Reduce the risk of lung problems and related hospital admissions
- Improved quality of life
- A program designed to meet your needs
You are eligible if your medical history includes:
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Cystic Fibrosis
Patients of any age may participate.
Get started today!
To enroll, call 215-952-9186
Hours: Tuesday and Thursday from 12:30 PM to 4 pm
Pulmonary Rehabilitation is covered by most insurance plans. Co-pays may be necessary.
A physician prescription is required.
Dr. William Sexauer
Outpatient Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals/Methodist
Jefferson Medical Arts Building
2422-24 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19145