All residents are expected to complete a scholarly project during their three years of training. This requirement can be met through a number of activities and does not require the resident to perform basic or clinical research.
Options for the scholarly project include:
- Presenting one of our resident clinico-pathological conferences.
- Presenting Morbidity & Mortality Conference.
- Submitting a case report for a regional meeting or for publication (acceptance is not required).
- Completing a basic or clinical research project with one of our nationally renowned faculty and providing a report of the results.
- Completing a literature Review of an important topic.
- Submitting an essay on a psychosocial aspect of Medicine including physician-patient communications, ethics, managed care, care of the dying, or professionalism.