David J. Whellan, MD, MHS, FACC, FAHA
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 503-7420 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Exercise training for chronic heart failure (ExTraMATCH II): Protocol for an individual participant data meta-analysis
- Vorapaxar in acute coronary syndrome patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery: Subgroup analysis from the TRACER trial (Thrombin Receptor Antagonist for Clinical Event Reduction in Acute Coronary Syndrome)
- Conceptual model for heart failure disease management
- The effects of exercise on cardiovascular biomarkers in patients with chronic heart failure
- End-of-life care in patients with heart failure
Washington University School of Medicine - 1994
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Cardiology, Duke University and the Duke Clinical Research Institute
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Expertise & Research Interests
Dr. Whellan is the Co-Principal Investigator of the HF-ACTION study, a NIH grant for research in heart failure and exercise training. In addition, he has served as the national PI for the PARTNERS HF study and currently sits on the steering committee for the ASCEND and TRACER-ACS trials.
He has authored over 100 peer-reviewed articles, reviews, abstracts, and book chapters on cardiomyopathy; and is an associate editor for American Heart Journal.