The Jefferson Coordinating Center for Clinical Research (JCCCR) provides a vital service for TJU faculty. By offering faculty clinical research services incorporating the highest standards, JCCCR allows TJU to expand its clinical research capabilities, particularly in areas that do not have sufficient research infrastructure. In addition to site-based research, an important part of our plan is to develop clinical research networks with regional healthcare providers in order to coordinate multicenter studies with external partners. JCCCR will achieve the successful completion of investigator-initiated and industry-sponsored research projects by offering our services in project management, contract and budget negotiation, study start-up, and implementation.
- Partnering to bring academic excellence in clinical research to our colleagues throughout the healthcare community
- Bringing multi-disciplinary professionals to lead the clinical research teams/projects of tomorrow
- Setting the standard for quality, efficiency, and accountability in clinical research ventures
JCCCR serves the TJU mission by providing excellent clinical care for our patients, educating the multi-disciplinary health professionals of tomorrow, and discovering new knowledge that will define the future of clinical care.
JCCCR is composed of four diverse, but integrated components:
- Business Operations provides centralized budget and contract negotiation, financial management, and personnel and facilities services. Business Operations ensures appropriate regulatory compliance at both the University and federal level.
- Jefferson Clinical Outcomes Research & Education (JCORE) coordinates the development of clinical outcomes research and education, projects, proposals and data management for the faculty investigators and physicians in training.
- Jefferson Clinical Trials & Network Development (JCTG) provides Clinical Trials Network as well as site management services for multicenter clinical trials.
- Jefferson Site-based Clinical Research Group (JSRG) is a collaborative site-based group providing clinical research services, including study coordination and regulatory management support to the University community.
The groups that comprise JCCCR are already meeting these challenges, helping to reverse the institution’s current funding trends and its level of clinical research activity. Looking ahead, our main objectives will be to combine the clinical expertise and academic leadership of a premier academic medical center with the full-service operational capabilities of JCCCR, leading the University's recognition as a national leader in clinical research with strong positioning among competing ARO's