Rene Daniel, MD, PhD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Understanding lentiviral vector chromatin targeting: Working to reduce insertional mutagenic potential for gene therapy
- Stem cells and aging: A chicken-or-the-egg issue?
- Pyruvate kinase expression (PKM1 and PKM2) in cancer associated fibroblasts drives stromal nutrient production and tumor growth
- Proliferating cell nuclear antigen is required for loading of the SMCX/KMD5C histone demethylase onto chromatin
- Host Factors that affect Provirus Stability and Silencing
PhD, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Temple University - 1997
PhD, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Temple University - 1991
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Infectious Disease and Environmental Medicine
Thomas Jefferson University
Research and Clinical Interests
My laboratory works on HIV-1 and related retroviruses. One of our topics is the role of HIV-1 Tat in development of AIDS-associated cancer. A potential Tat inhibition, possibly by a vaccine, could reduce incidence of this type of cancer.