Stephen Eppes, MD
1600 Rockland Road
Wilmington, DE 19899
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Fever in a returning traveler: The importance of a good history, physical examination, and focused laboratory testing
- Antimicrobial prescription errors in hospitalized children: Role of antimicrobial stewardship program in detection and intervention
- Why are young infants tested for herpes simplex virus?
- Bone, Joint, and Soft Tissue Infections
- Safety and efficacy of enfuvirtide for 48 weeks as part of an optimized antiretroviral regimen in pediatric human immunodeficiency virus 1-infected patients
Infectious Diseases Division
Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
Research and Clinical Interests
I am looking forward to learning more about the activities of the Jefferson Vaccine Center and opportunities associated with membership. My career has been spent in general pediatrics and in the subspecialty of infectious diseases. I have participated in a number of clinical studies of various vaccines. As a result of my training and interests, I have acted as a consultant in our hospital (Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children) and in the community regarding vaccine-related issues. I am hoping to associate with colleagues who are similarly interested in immunization. In particular, I hope to learn of new vaccine initiatives (in academics or industry), have opportunities to participate in clinical trials, and develop other scholarly pursuits related to experimental and clinical vaccinology.