Scott Mintzer, MD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 955-0606 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Carbamazepine treatment of generalized tonic-clonic seizures in idiopathic generalized epilepsy
- Use of antiepileptic drugs and lipid-lowering agents in the United States
- Seizure recurrence and remission after switching antiepileptic drugs
- Enzyme induction with antiepileptic drugs: Cause for concern?
- Plaques on the wall: Inducing anticonvulsant use and atherogenesis
University of Chicago/Pritzker School of Medicine
University of Michigan Hospital
UCLA Medical Center
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Methodist Hospital Division of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Research and Clinical Interests
Clinical expertise: seizures, including epilepsy surgery evaluation, epilepsy in pregnancy, and antiepileptic drug management, including metabolic effects of seizure medication.
Research interests: metabolic effects of anticonvulsant drugs (currently funded by NIH for work in this area). Other research interests include clinical use of anticonvulsant drugs, epilepsy surgery evaluation, and psychiatric comorbidity in epilepsy.
This work is highly relevant to the development of new drugs for the treatment of seizures, and is also applicable to some non-neurologic drugs.