Scott Mintzer, MD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 955-0606 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Statins for poststroke seizures: The first antiepileptogenic agent?
- Predicting the laterality of temporal lobe epilepsy from PET, MRI, and DTI: A multimodal study: Predicting temporal lobe epilepsy laterality
- Laser interstitial thermal therapy for medically intractable mesial temporal lobe epilepsy
- Is a separate monotherapy indication warranted for antiepileptic drugs?
- Who is helping whom? Manuscript support and transfer of value
University of Chicago/Pritzker School of Medicine
University of Michigan Hospital
UCLA Medical Center
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Methodist Hospital Division of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Research and Clinical Interests
Clinical expertise: seizures, including epilepsy surgery evaluation, epilepsy in pregnancy, and antiepileptic drug management, including metabolic effects of seizure medication.
Research interests: metabolic effects of anticonvulsant drugs (currently funded by NIH for work in this area). Other research interests include clinical use of anticonvulsant drugs, epilepsy surgery evaluation, and psychiatric comorbidity in epilepsy.
This work is highly relevant to the development of new drugs for the treatment of seizures, and is also applicable to some non-neurologic drugs.