Christopher Skidmore, MD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 955-0606 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Subdural electrode implantation and recording in MRI-negative epilepsy surgery
- Laser interstitial thermal therapy for medically intractable mesial temporal lobe epilepsy
- Long-term treatment with responsive brain stimulation in adults with refractory partial seizures
- Resting-state functional connectivity predicts the strength of hemispheric lateralization for language processing in temporal lobe epilepsy and normals
- Presurgery resting-state local graph-theory measures predict neurocognitive outcomes after brain surgery in temporal lobe epilepsy
St. Louis University School of Medicine - 1999
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Methodist Hospital Division of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Research and Clinical Interests
Dr. Skidmore completed his Neurology and Epilepsy training at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, Ohio. He joined the Jefferson Comprehensive Epilepsy Center as a faculty member in July 2005. In addition, he was appointed the Director of the Neurology Residency in July 2008.
His area of expertise includes medical and surgical management of epilepsy. This includes care for individuals with a new diagnosis, medical treatment for epilepsy, the care of complex medically refractory epilepsy and the surgical management of epilepsy. As a member of the Jefferson Comprehensive Epilepsy center (a certified Comprehensive Epilepsy Center) he has access to the latest in medical and surgical therapy, including many new drugs/devices under development.