Christopher Skidmore, MD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 955-0606 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Resting-state functional connectivity predicts the strength of hemispheric lateralization for language processing in temporal lobe epilepsy and normals
- Distinct types of white matter changes are observed after anterior temporal lobectomy in epilepsy
- Contralateral interictal spikes are related to tapetum damage in left temporal lobe epilepsy
- Early and Late Age of Seizure Onset have a Differential Impact on Brain Resting-State Organization in Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
- Temporal lobe epilepsy and surgery selectively alter the dorsal, not the ventral, default-mode network
St. Louis University School of Medicine - 1999
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Methodist Hospital Division of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Research and Clinical Interests
Dr. Skidmore completed his Neurology and Epilepsy training at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, Ohio. He joined the Jefferson Comprehensive Epilepsy Center as a faculty member in July 2005. In addition, he was appointed the Director of the Neurology Residency in July 2008.
His area of expertise includes medical and surgical management of epilepsy. This includes care for individuals with a new diagnosis, medical treatment for epilepsy, the care of complex medically refractory epilepsy and the surgical management of epilepsy. As a member of the Jefferson Comprehensive Epilepsy center (a certified Comprehensive Epilepsy Center) he has access to the latest in medical and surgical therapy, including many new drugs/devices under development.