The neurosurgery faculty has a deep commitment to advancing their field through research, both at the bench and at the bedside. Faculty members have been published in some of their field’s most prestigious journals, including Stroke, Spine, Orthopedics, The Lancet, Neurosurgery and Neurology. Their research endeavors are supported by the division’s research department, which has recently been restructured by a new director, Jan Jaeger, PhD.
This department advances Jefferson's research mission by:
- Assisting in the design of research protocols.
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Identifying, screening and enrolling participants.
- Collecting data throughout the lifespan of the study.
- Tracking enrollees during the study and avoiding any loss to follow up.
- Manage relationships with external organizations.