The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is committed to outstanding, patient-centered care which serves as the basis for our dedicated contributions to education, scholarship, and advocacy for women’s health in our university, our region, and throughout our global community.
The values which we embrace in fulfilling this mission are embodied by:
- A commitment to excellence in all that we do
- Honest and ethical behavior
- Respect for our patients, trainees, colleagues, employees, and members of our department
- Compassionate, responsive, and equitable care of all patients
- Multidisciplinary, collaborative relationships throughout our medical community
- A spirit of professional openness to constructive suggestions
- Maintaining a just and desirable balance between professional and personal responsibilities
- Acknowledging and satisfying the requirements and responsibilities of financial sustainability
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, at Thomas Jefferson University, offers state-of-the-art services in all aspects of our work, including clinical, research, and education, and has a proven track record of ongoing IRB approved projects, both investigator initiated and Funded Research Studies.
Through this collaboration and education, we collaborate with first year medical students by providing a Federally-funded, competitive, mentored, Work-Study Summer Research Program. In addition we provide a fourth year medical student’s Research Elective.
Each resident physician is expected to complete and present at least one research project during their 4 year residency. Ob-Gyn Fellows are trained in research, and are expected to spend extensive time engaged in collaborative or original research. Residents and Fellows present their research at the Annual Residents and Fellows Research Day which is held in the spring before graduation.
We are confident you'll find we offer state-of-the-art services in all aspects of our work, including clinical, research, and education. This site contains mainly Academic information regarding Education and Research information of the Department.
For Patients Services and to find a doctor, please refer to the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital website or to the specific division information on this site.