Jefferson Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
833 Chestnut Street, Mezzanine
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Electronic Residency Application Service
Our application deadline is October 31st.
Thank you for your interest in the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program.
You are receiving this message in response to your request for additional applicant information. The Residency Program website offers up to date information regarding our program structure, clinical experience, and general curriculum. Please follow the link below to access that information:
http://www.jefferson.edu/content/tju/jmc/departments/obgyn/Education/residency/overview.html *this link is not active*
Please note that the answers to your questions can be found in this message. If there is not a specific answer regarding certain criteria (i.e. to the number of attempts allowed on a Step exam), it is because we welcome all applications to our program. We cannot evaluate any application information unless it is received through ERAS. We do apply internal criteria to each application that we receive in order to determine if we can offer an interview.
Listed below you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQ) about our program.
All applications for our program are accepted through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) hosted by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). ERAS may be accessed via the dean's office of your U.S. medical school. For international medical graduates (IMG's), you may access ERAS via the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) at http://www.ecfmg.org.
FAQ regarding unfilled positions:
- We have no July 2014 PGY1 openings, all slots were filled in the Match.
- The TJUH Academic Year for OBGYN begins on June 20th.
- As of the 2014 Academic Year we have 7 Residents in our PGY 1 level and 8 Residents in our PGY 2, 3, and 4 levels, for a total compliment of 31 Residents.
- Should any unexpected openings occur, the open position(s) will be posted on the CREOG Clearinghouse at the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) website:
FAQ regarding application requirements (dates are subject to change):
- There are currently 7 PGY1 positions available for the 2015 Academic Year.
- The deadline for applications is the last Friday in November, 2014.
- All required exams must have a PASSING score, with an above-average score preferred for application.
- Historically we have not accepted IMG's into our program. However, all applicants are encouraged to apply.
- We prefer less than five years in time from medical school graduation to application.
- Interviews are held in October, November, and may extend into December.
- Applications are only accepted through ERAS.
- We do not offer observerships/externships. ERAS regulations do not permit pre-match, and visits are arranged only for applicants who have already interviewed with the program.
- ECFMG certification must be approved by February 1, 2015.
- USMLE Steps 1, 2, 2CS or COMLEX Levels 1, 2, and 2PE results must be available by February 1st, 2015.
For more information about an Obstetric and Gynecologic Residency at Jefferson please contact:
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
833 Chestnut Street; Mezz
Philadelphia, PA 19107