For the second year in a row residents and several attendings were able to spend some time dissecting cadavers and practicing surgical approaches. A variety of approaches were performed and completed by all residents involved. This allowed for practicing various osteotomies and adaptation of various plating techniques.
Cadaver Surgical Simulation 2014
Anesthesia Emergency Drill Simulations
Monthly emergency simulations at Thomas Jefferson University Simulation Center. The residents are presented with common and uncommon anesthesia emergencies allowing them to practice their responses and management of these situations. Each resident gets the chance to run several scenarios and get feedback on what they did well and what they need to improve on.
Delaware Valley Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Mock Oral Board Examination
Each year Thomas Jefferson University OMFS hosts the Delaware Valley Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Mock Oral Board examination. Residents from all five local OMFS residency programs come to this all day event to get experience and practice for the oral board certification examination.
Department Mud Run at Muck Fest 2014
Click Here to see Video of the Event from last year.
New Video Coming Soon
Robert J. Diecidue, DMD, MD Chairman Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery & Dentistry
Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
909 Walnut Street
Clinical Office Building, Third Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Repair of Oroantral Communications by Use of a Combined Surgical Approach: Functional Endoscopic Surgery and Buccal Advancement Flap/Buccal Fat Pad Graft
- Takotsubo cardiomyopathy precipitated by maxillofacial surgery and general anesthesia: A case report and review of literature
- Waltzing a facial artery musculomucosal flap to salvage a recurrent palatal fistula
- A critical review of the literature and an evidence-based approach for life-threatening hemorrhage in Maxillofacial Surgery
- Factor VII deficiency resulting in acute hemorrhage in orthognathic surgery: A case report
A WORLD OF DISCOVERY
Read the Jefferson Enterprise report and see all that Jefferson has to offer. Click HERE to see the report.
Oral Cancer Awareness
April is Oral Cancer Awareness month. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons are integral in the early detetion and management of Oral Cancer. Click HERE for more information and resources.
National Facial Protection Month
April is National Facial Protection Month. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons are a main resource for the treatment of facial, dental and head and neck injuries. At Jefferson we are actively involved in treating these patients locally and regionally. For more information click HERE.