Current Events & News
September 2016 Awards/ Publications/
News of Note
- Olutayo Ariyo and John Raymond Shea Bilateral PMA, Bifid Median Nerve and Accessory Forearm Muscles and Their Clinical Significance. International Journal of Morphology. May 2016
- Abstract Accepted. Aberrant Origins of the Vertebral Arteries and Their Implications with Respect to The Subclavian Steal Syndrome. Anatomical Society (AS) and British Association of Clinical Anatomists (BACA). Brighton, Sussex, England July 19th-22, 2016.
- Egle Juskeviciute, Rachael P. Dippold, Anil N. Antony, Aditi Swarup, Rajanikanth Vadigepalli and Jan B. Hoek. Inhibition of miR-21 rescues liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy in ethanol-fed rats. Am J Physiol-Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology, accepted for Publication (Sept 8, 20016)
- Karp JK and Hall N. I am Cait, and I am a transgender blood donor. Transfusion. In Press.
- Webb J, Grant, ML, Drelich DA, Gould J, Karp JK. Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole induced hemolytic anemia with novel anti-Jka specificity. Transfusion. Accepted with revisions.
- Schmidt RL, Chute DJ, Colbert-Getz JM, Firpo-Betancourt A, James DS, Karp JK, Miller DC, Milner DA, Smock KJ, Sutton AT, White KL, Walker BS, Wilson AR, Wojcik EM, Yared MA, Factor RE. Statistical Literacy Among Pathologists. Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. Accepted for publication.
- Egle Juskeviciute, Rachael P. Dippold, Anil N. Antony, Aditi Swarup, Rajanikanth Vadigepalli and Jan B. Hoek. Inhibition of miR-21 rescues liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy in ethanol-fed rats. American Journal of Physiology Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology. Accepted.
- Kuttippurathu L, Patra B, Cook D, Hoek JB, Vadigepalli R. Pattern analysis uncovers a chronic ethanol-induced disruption of the switch-like dynamics of C/EBP-ß and C/EBP-a genome-wide binding during liver regeneration. Physiological Genomics. Accepted with minor revision.
- Park J, Zhu H, O’Sullivan S, Ogunnaike BA, Weaver DR, Schwaber JS, Vadigepalli R. Deciphering Single-Neuron Phenotypes and Interaction Networks Involved in Circadian Regulation. Frontiers in Neuroscience. Accepted.
- Boxman J, Sagy N, Achanta S, Vadigepalli R*, Nachman I*. Integrated live imaging and molecular profiling of embryoid bodies reveals a synchronized progression of early differentiation. Scientific Reports. 2016 Aug 17;6:31623. doi: 10.1038/srep31623. PubMed PMID: 27530599. (* joint corresponding authors)
Oral presentations at conferences:
- Vadigepalli R. Modelling the dynamics of liver renewal during homeostasis and regeneration. Virtual Physiological Human Conference, Amsterdam, Netherlands. September 2016.
- Vadigepalli R. Systems engineering approaches to model liver regeneration. 6th IFAC Conference on Foundations of Systems Biology in Engineering, Magdeburg, Germany. October 2016.
- Vadigepalli R. Integrative biology approaches to understanding alcoholic liver disease. International Society for Biomedical Research on Alcoholism, Berlin, Germany. September 2016.
- Vadigepalli R. Modeling the dynamic control of liver renewal and regeneration. ETH, Zurich, Switzerland. September 2016.
- Vadigepalli R. Systems biology approaches to tackle alcoholic liver disease. IfADo: Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors, Dortmund, Germany. October 2016.
Four PhD students graduated in the past eight weeks:
- Danielle DeCicco, Cell and Developmental Biology
- Warren Anderson, Neuroscience
- James Park, UDel Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Daniel Cook, UDel Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
News of note:
- In collaboration with Dr. Nancy Philp and Dr. Jeff Klemens (PhilaU), we started a new graduate course on Systems Biology, being taught in Fall 2016.