Current Events & News
Awards / Publications /
News of Note October 2015
- Abstract titled : “An aberrant Right Subclavian Artery (RSA) originating Distal To The LSA" has been accepted and selected for a breakout session presentation conference style at the AACA Regional Meeting in Salt Lake City, Utah on October 17, 2015
Karp, Julie & Herman, Jay
- Julie Karp (Principal Investigator), Jay Herman (Co-Investigator) have the following IRB approved research: :“The STAT Study-Safety of Thawed A in Trauma” Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Collaborative Study – 2015
- Loro E, Seifert EL, Moffat C, et al. Interleukin-15 Receptor alpha (IL15Ra) is a determinant of muscle fuel utilization and its loss protects against obesity. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2015 Aug 12.
- First author Ashley Richardson (PGY1 resident); Goldsmith; Stickle; with collaborators from Johns Hopkins Non-linearity within the primary measurement range of a lipase assay as the cause of a gap in the interpatient lipase results distribution. Clinical Biochemistry (in press)
- Cook DJ, Ogunnaike BA, Vadigepalli R. Systems Analysis of Non-Parenchymal Cell Modulation of Liver Repair across Multiple Phenotypes. In press.
- Nilakantan H, Kuttippurathu L, Parrish A, Patra B, Hoek JB, Vadigepalli R. Cell type-specific NF-κB localization in hepatocytes and hepatic stellate cells after chronic adaptation to ethanol and following partial hepatectomy. PLoS One. 2015 Oct 9;10(10):e0140236. PubMed PMID: 26452159.
- Makadia H, Schwaber JS, Vadigepalli R. Intracellular information processing through encoding and decoding of dynamic signaling features. PLoS Computational Biology. In press. To be published online on October 22.
- Anderson WD, Makadia H, Greenhalgh AD, Schwaber JS, David S, Vadigepalli R. Computational modeling of cytokine signaling in microglia. Mol Biosyst. 2015 Oct 6. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 26440115.
- Cook DJ, Patra B, Kuttippurathu L, Hoek JB, Vadigepalli R. A novel, dynamic pattern-based analysis of NF-κB binding during the priming phase of liver regeneration reveals switch-like functional regulation of target genes. Front Physiol. 2015, 6:189. PubMed PMID: 26217230; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4493398.
- DeCicco D, Zhu H, Brureau A, Schwaber JS, Vadigepalli R. microRNA Network Changes in the Brainstem Underlie the Development of Hypertension. Physiological Genomics 2015, 47(9):388-99. PubMed PMID: 26126791; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4556940. Editorial Commentary; Editor’s Pick for September 2015; APSselect in October 2015 as a best recently published paper in physiological research.
- Book Chapters:
- Cook DJ, Vadigepalli R. Use of computational modeling approaches to understand the cellular and molecular regulatory networks driving liver regeneration (Chapter 13), in Liver Regeneration: Basic Mechanisms, Relevant Models and Clinical Applications, edited by Udayan Apte. Elsevier, August 2015. pp 185-198. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-420128-6.00013-0
- Accepted Oral Presentations at Conferences:
Regulatory and Systems Genomics conference, Philadelphia, November 16-18 2015
- Cook DJ, Ogunnaike BA, Hoek JB, Vadigepalli R. Integrating single cell transcriptional signatures and cell-cell interaction network models to study multiscale control of liver regeneration dynamics.
- Verma A, Ogunnaike, BA, Hoek JB, Vadigepalli R. Lobular Scale Spatio-temporal Modeling of Calcium Signal Propagation in the Liver.
American Institute of Chemical Engineers Annual Meeting, Salt Lake City, November 8-13 2015
- Vadigepalli R. Chairing the session on “Understanding the Brain: A Chemical Engineering Perspective”.
- Verma A, Cook D, Achanta S, Ogunnaike BA, Hoek JB, Vadigepalli R. Computational Model of Single Cell Transcriptional Regulation and Cellular Networks Driving Liver Regeneration Following Surgical Resection. in the session “Modeling, Systems Biology, Bioinformatics, and Big Data in Pursuit of Medicine”.
- Park J, Ogunnaike BA, Schwaber JS, Vadigepalli R. Single-Cell Transcriptional Analysis Reveals Principles of Neuronal Phenotype Organization and Plasticity. in the session “Experimental Approaches in Systems Biology”.
18th International Symposium on Cells of the Hepatic Sinusoid, Asilomar, CA, November 11-13 2015
- Vadigepalli R. Multiscale Modeling of Liver Cell Interactions in Liver Regeneration. in the session “When the Liver Biologist & Engineers Talk"
Awards and Honors:
- Austin Parrish, graduate student in the lab, received a Travel Fellowship from the Jefferson Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, to attend the Research Society on Alcoholism annual meeting in San Antonio, TX.