Current Events & News
Awards / Publications /
News of Note January 2016
- Two abstracts approved for poster presentations: “Pictorial Essay on 5 variants of the Vertebral Artery” and “Retroesophageal Aberrant Right Subclavian Artery and its Clinical significance” were accepted -British Association of Clinical Anatomy (BACA) London. Dec.10 Winter Meeting.
- Ariyo O., Bruce Fenderson: A rare type of the Brachioulnoradial Artery and its Clinical Significance. December 2015, Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy.
- Anil Noronha Antony, Melanie Paillard, Cynthia Moffat, Egle Juskeviciute, Jason Correnti, Brad Bolon, Emanuel Rubin, György Csordás, Erin L. Seifert, Jan B. Hoek and György Hajnóczky. MICU1 regulation of mitochondrial Ca2+ uptake dictates survival and tissue regeneration. Nature Communications
- Picard M, McManus MJ, Gray JD, Nasca C, Moffat C, Kopinski PK, Seifert EL, McEwen BS, Wallace DC. Mitochondrial functions modulate neuroendocrine, metabolic, inflammatory, and transcriptional responses to acute psychological stress. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 Dec 1;112(48):E6614-23
- Loro E, Seifert EL, Moffat C, Romero F, Mishra MK, Sun Z, Krajacic P, Anokye-Danso F, Summer RS, Ahima RS, Khurana TS.Am J IL-15Rα is a determinant of muscle fuel utilization, and its loss protects against obesity. Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2015 Oct 15;309(8):R835-44.
- Has been awarded a DTSA grant: PI: Janice Walker, Programmatic Team: Andrzej Fertala, Sue Menko, Ulhas Naik. Title: “A Search for Effective Pharmaceutical Targets to Block Fibrosis”
- Our abstract entitled "Gaining competencies during early medical training: medical students as teaching assistants in dissection-based anatomy course" was selected as a Poster Award finalist for an AAA/ASE Student/Postdoctoral Education Research Poster Award. Tucker Brown, a 2nd year medical student who actively participated in the project and is the first author under my supervision, will be presenting the poster. He is one of the five Poster Award Finalists. These finalists are selected from over 260 abstracts.