My research interests are concentrated on geonomic and personalized medicine. I recently established the Pathology Translational Genomics Laboratory and serve as Scientific Director of the facility. We have developed the capabilities for performing whole genome profiling for the analysis of microDNA expression, DNA methylation, and DNA copy number changes by array comparative genomic hybridization using current microarray technology. The laboratory also has developed next generation sequencing technology using Roche 454 FLEX sequencer. Applications that are in progress include RNA seq, ChIP seq, genome mutation detection, and verification of DNA methylation with bisulfite conversion. I collaborate with basic scientists and clinicians to study molecular mechanisms of human diseases with an emphasis on the changes at the genomic level.
Zi-Xuan (Zoe) Wang
Zoe Wang, PhD
- Long-term follow-up of females with unbalanced X;Y translocations - Reproductive and nonreproductive consequences
- The utility of BRAF V600E mutation-specific antibody VE1 for the diagnosis of hairy cell leukemia
- Validation of a next-generation-sequencing cancer panel for use in the clinical laboratory
- Primary central nervous system Epstein–Barr virus-positive diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of the elderly: a clinicopathologic study of five cases
- Aberrant expression of CD56 on granulocytes and monocytes in myeloproliferative neoplasm