Jay S. Schneider, Ph.D.
Jefferson Alumni Hall
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Effects of low level lead exposure on associative learning and memory in the rat: Influences of sex and developmental timing of exposure
- Epigenetic mechanisms of adverse neurodevelopment in response to lead exposure and prenatal stress and the combination: The road ahead
- Rearing environment, sex and developmental lead exposure modify gene expression in the hippocampus of behaviorally naïve animals
- Sex and rearing condition modify the effects of perinatal lead exposure on learning and memory
- Differential effect of postnatal lead exposure on gene expression in the hippocampus and frontal cortex
Ph.D., SUNY at Stony Brook - 1981
Research and Clinical Interests
Basic, clinical and translational research on cognitive and motor aspects of Parkinson's disease with focuses on both symptomatic and neuroprotective treatment strategies; basic and clinical research on developmental neurotoxicology with an emphasis on lead-induced damage to the brain.