Jay S. Schneider, Ph.D.
Jefferson Alumni Hall
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Rearing environment, sex and developmental lead exposure modify gene expression in the hippocampus of behaviorally naïve animals
- Sex and rearing condition modify the effects of perinatal lead exposure on learning and memory
- Differential effect of postnatal lead exposure on gene expression in the hippocampus and frontal cortex
- Broad neuroprotective profile of nicotinamide in different mouse models of MPTP-induced parkinsonism
- Striatal preprotachykinin gene expression reflects parkinsonian signs
Ph.D., SUNY at Stony Brook - 1981
Research and Clinical Interests
Basic, clinical and translational research on cognitive and motor aspects of Parkinson's disease with focuses on both symptomatic and neuroprotective treatment strategies; basic and clinical research on developmental neurotoxicology with an emphasis on lead-induced damage to the brain.