Publications, Grant Submissions & Awards
Awards / Publications / News of Note
Jerald Gong, MD
- Journal of Molecular Diagnostics. November 2013..Laboratory practice guidelines for detecting and reporting JAK2 and MPL mutations in myeloproliferative neoplasms. Gong JZ, Cook J, Greiner T, Hedvat C, Hill C, Lim M, Longtine J, Sabath D, Wang YL
- Journal of hematopathology. Novermber 2013. Aberrant expression of CD56 on granulocytes and monocytes in myeloproliferative neoplasm. Gong P, Metrebian F, Dulau-Florea A, Wang ZX, Bajaj R, Gulati G, Peiper SC, Gong JZ.
Accepted for Publication
- Brain tumor pathology. Primary central nervous system Epstein-Barr virus positive diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of the elderly: a clinicopathologic study of five cases. El Jamal S, Li S, Bajaj R, Wang ZX, Kanyon L, Glass J, Pang C, Bhagavathi S, Peiper SC, Gong JZ.
Gyorgy Hajnoczky, PhD
- Aniko Gal, PhD, was awarded with a highly competitive HAESF fellowship to join my lab
Jay Herman, MD
Nguyet Le, MD
- Le N, Harach ME, Gould JM, Herman JH. Safety of a liberal policy for extended-date pre-admission testing samples. Transfusion (in press)
Julie Karp, MD
- Manuscript accepted by the journal "Transfusion Medicine," entitled "Transfusion Medicine on American Television."
- Collaborated with Dr. Herman and colleagues in the School of Pharmacy (Dr. Pizzi) and the Dept of Medicine (Dr. Galannis) and had a poster accepted to the AABB National Meeting in Denver in October. The poster, entitled, "Comprehensive Cost Analysis of Fresh Frozen Plasma in an Urban Hospital Setting: An Observational and Decision Analysis" was selected as a "Top Poster" at the meeting and was displayed in a special section with several other "Top Posters" from a group of about 550 poster presentations.
James Schwaber, PhD
- Presented a seminar to the Departments of Neuroscience and Physiology at SUNY Downstate in NYC this past November.
- Invited as "Distinguished Visiting Professor" to the Indian Institute of Technology and will present an Institute wide Distinguished Lecture on "What is it to be conscious?"
- Invited to present the opening plenary talk at the Computer Applications to Biology (CAB 2013) Conference.
- The SIRT1 deacetylase protects mice against the symptoms of metabolic syndrome. Caron AZ, He X, Mottawea W, Seifert EL, Jardine K, Dewar-Darch D, Cron GO, Harper ME, Stintzi A, McBurney MW. FASEB J. 2013 Dec 2. [Epub ahead of print]