The various components of the Thomas Jefferson University Clinical Research Unit are housed in modern and purpose-designed areas of the University.
The Thomas Jefferson University Clinical Research Unit itself, dedicated to performing clinical studies includes:
- A locked nursing unit of 6500 sq ft.
- Sixteen subject beds in semiprivate rooms dedicated to clinical research.
- Dining facilities.
- Recreational facilities.
- Reception area.
- A waiting room for participants in clinical research studies.
- Separate rooms to conduct interviews and physical examinations.
- A state-of-the-art 180 sq. ft. laboratory for processing samples.
- A modern laboratory equipped to perform sophisticated analyses (RIA, HPLC, RT-PCR, etc.) of biological samples.
- A dedicated investigational pharmacy with facilities to prepare and store experimental therapeutics.
- Data processing center