Stephen P. Weinstein, PhD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 503-2850 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Impact of cannabis use during stabilization on methadone maintenance treatment
- Drug Abuse, Dependency, and Withdrawal
- Erratum: The influence of intake urinalysis, psychopathology measures, and menstrual cycle phase on treatment outcome (The American Journal on Addictions 18: 2 (169))
- The influence of intake urinalysis, psychopathology measures, and menstrual cycle phase on treatment compliance
- Measuring recovery capital and determining its relationship to outcome in an alcohol dependent sample
MS, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY - 1966
Professor, Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Assistant Professor, Family and Community Medicine
Research and Clinical Interests
Research Interests: Substance abuse treatment approaches, treatment/patient matching, treatment outcomes, gender differences, treatment retention, substance abuse issues in general medical practice, new treatment models, tobacco use and smoking cessation in substance abuse populations, spirituality and substance abuse treatment, recovery capital in the treatment setting, behavioral health and substance use issues among the aged, the "recovery model" of patient care.
Clinical Interests: Much of my clinical interest is focused on expanding the clinical activity in the Division of Substance Abuse Programs. We have been attempting to develop a new clinical service and prevention model program for the Division with a focus on geriatric behavioral health problems. We have also focused on maintaining our current treatment programs and addressing patient's clinical needs while anticipating marked funding issues.