Voichita Bar Ad, MD
Room G-302, Bodine Center
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 955-0412 fax
Most Recent Peer-reviewed Publications
- Immune biomarkers of treatment failure for a patient on a phase i clinical trial of pembrolizumab plus radiotherapy
- Correlation Between the Severity of Cetuximab-Induced Skin Rash and Clinical Outcome for Head and Neck Cancer Patients: The RTOG Experience
- Using the ACR Accreditation Process As a Quality Improvement Tool
- Phase I trial of panobinostat and fractionated stereotactic re-irradiation therapy for recurrent high grade gliomas
- A single activity with a practice quality improvement project for faculty and a quality improvement project for residents
University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara, Romania
Radiation Oncology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Radiation Oncology in Israel, 2003; American Board of Radiology (Radiation Oncology) 2009
Research and Clinical Interests
I am a board-certified radiation oncologist who specializes in the use of intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and dose painting in the treatment of technically challenging cancers to maximize therapeutic gain while minimizing side effects from treatment.
I have extensive clinical experience in the treatment of various solid tumors including head and neck, gastrointestinal tract, lung, breast, and brain cancers. By working closely with our talented radiation physics staff, our team can choose among various highly technical approaches to optimize the outcome for each patient as we endeavor to balance highly effective and safe treatments. These techniques include not only IMRT technique, but also volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT), stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT), stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), cyberknife. I have a particular interest in the use of IMRT in the treatment of patients with head and neck cancers. I often work closely with my medical oncology colleagues to combine chemotherapy, targeted agents, and radiation therapy in the treatment of these cancers.
I also participate in the institutional and national clinical trials to help bring state-of-the-art cancer care to her patients at Thomas Jefferson University.